Volunteers Needed at St. Francis Food Pantry of Reno
St. Francis of Assisi Food Pantry is a local Reno food pantry started by Cindy Becher and her husband to lighten the burden for families struggling to obtain the most basic necessities by providing fresh produce and healthy food. 30% of Reno/Sparks residents do not know when and how they can receive their next meal.
Volunteers are desperately needed to help at their facility at 160 Hubbard Way just off Virginia St. and the Peppermill.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Unload items from the truck deliveries and/or restock the shelves in the morning between 9:30-12:30 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
- Food Distribution every Mon., Tues., and Thurs. between 12:30-3:00 pm.
- Food Distribution for Seniors on Thursday mornings ‘Golden Groceries’ between 11 am and 12 noon.
- Food Distribution on every third Wednesday between 5 and 7 pm.
- Occasionally pick up food from Donations Sites.
Please contact Cindy at 775-507-4555 and let her know when you are available. Times are flexible and whatever time you can give would be appreciated. Thank you!!